Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Legendary Cornbread

Several years back, there was an intern at an agency I worked at. Her name was Laine, and she was from somewhere in the South (can't remember where). At the agency's Thanksgiving celebration, it was potluck and Laine brought this cornbread that was so flavorful, buttery and scrumptious that we all begged for the recipe. And even better, it's beyond easy.

Legendary Cornbread

2 sticks of butter
2 boxes Jiffy Cornbread mix
4 eggs
1 cup of cottage cheese

Melt 2 sticks of butter (yes, I said 2 sticks - this isn't good for the cholesterol, but worth it) in the bottom of a cast iron skillet.



Mix the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, then pour into cast iron skillet.



Bake on 375 for 30 minutes.



Slice it up and stay out of the way because whomever you serve this to will go crazy in disbelief of this cornbread. It is to. die. for. Extremely moist, perfect texture and wonderfully perfect flavor.



(I prefer cast iron to get that wonderfully brown crust, but it can be made in a glass 9 x 13. Also, I've made it with half the butter before and it is still very tasty.)

2 comments:

Project Denneler said...

I don't remember tasting Laine's cornbread, I'll have to try it.

But I do have the recipe for "Laine's Great Aunt's Peanut Butter Bon Bons."
Again, super easy, and ohhhh my god delicious.

Adriene Rathbun said...

Sandra, please email the Peanut Butter Bon Bon recipe! Sounds yummy!