Sunday, December 14, 2008

Dark chocolate heaven

I was never a real dark chocolate lover until my husband came along. He LOVES dark chocolate. Like most women love chocolate of any kind; he lives for dark chocolate. Randy's love for dark chocolate has rubbed off a bit, so I made these beautiful little truffles today.

Cooking the chocolate.

All ready to be chilled.

Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Truffles
Yields 30 truffles

2 cups Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Baking Chips
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces

Coatings (coat in one):
Chopped pecans
Sugar
Sweetened coconut

Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Add butter and stir until melted. Add chocolate to saucepan. Stir until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and pour the chocolate mixture into a shallow bowl. Cover and cool in the fridge until firm, at least two hours. Roll mixture into 1" balls. Roll each ball in the coating of your choice (or 10 in each like I did). ENJOY!

10 comments:

Carrie said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG......this is SUCH a fantastic idea for hostess gifts or gifts for "the last minute". Wrap or box them up with some beautiful packaging and perfect gift. :-)

Adriene Rathbun said...

You're so right - would be PERFECT for hostess gifts! You're a smart one, Carrie! :)

Kylie said...

um, yum! Baby and chocolate have been getting along well lately and these might be his/her new friends :)

ks-kids said...

Adriene,
My name is Brent and I read about your blog in the Wichita Eagle. I grow sandplums and make sandplum jelly. I would like to offer you a jar to try. I have used it in a ham glaze that was well received. I am looking for ideas and receipes
that use this great tasting jelly.Are you interested?
Brent

Adriene Rathbun said...

Hi Brent! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! I would absolutely LOVE to try your sandplum jelly! Sounds divine! Feel free to email me at adriene0202@gmail.com. What a kind offer! I'm happy to oblige! :)

Carrie said...

I actually made these the other night. None left. I ate them all before they made it to my gift tins. sigh. Guess I'll just have to make some more! Whoo hoo!

Adriene Rathbun said...

They're so easy, aren't they? And they look gorgeous! Glad you liked them!

RRC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RRC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adriene Rathbun said...

Oh glad you all had fun making them! I used a half teaspoon spoon to make mine. It worked pretty well. I also refridgerated the chocolate for several hours, and I think that helps too. Merry Christmas!