Sunday, March 1, 2009

Valentine Brownies


I go through spurts of baking a lot, then I don't bake for a while. A few nights before Valentine's Day, I had a bake-a-thon and made three fabulous desserts. 

My good friend Julie, that lives in the Bay area, shared this incredibly decadent brownie recipe. These are rich, dense and in my opinion the perfect brownie.

Here's her recipe, in her words - just copy and pasted. Enjoy, and be sure to share. 


Melt 6 oz. chocolate. Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup chocolate syrup and stir. Then mix in 1/2 cup softened butter. Mix in 2 softly beaten eggs and 1 t. vanilla. Then add a pinch salt, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup flour. Pour into 8x8" square pan that has been buttered and cocoa-ed ( as in "floured"). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Cool completely and cut into 64, 1" squares.

They are great with ghetto chocolate, but the better the chocolate, the better the brownie.

These brownies are good enough to woo men!

No comments: